Thursday, June 10, 2004

I postively swear that I am up to no good

OK, so yet another nerd alert... especially since it has been brought to my attention how much of a dork I actually am (thanks chau!). So anyway, last night, Dana and I (and a few "tag-alongs") decided to take advantage of tuesday movie night coinciding with the recent release of harry potter, and go to see it yet again. This time, however, we ventured into the city of new york to experience the wonder that is IMAX. For those of you that have never seen a movie in IMAX, you have no idea what you're missing. It's one thing seeing a documentary at the liberty science center. But seeing an actual movie is quite an experience. The audio and visual quality was so phenomenal... every movie should be released in IMAX.

Having said that, after my previous review, following a somewhat jerk reaction towards the film, my view has changed slightly. Granted I still stand by my statement that it was a well crafted film and that the story was a little screwed up, I enjoyed it so much more this time around. I promised myself going in that I would watch it for what it was, and not pay attention to much of the story alterations (although dana and I went back and forth a few times during the movie about details, before we caught ourselves).... pretty much just appreciating it as a film standing on its own. And I have to say, it was probably one of the best so far. Chris Columbus has an overwhelming attention to detail as far as the original story, and was a good director. But like I said before, cuaron offers a new vision and flare to the story. Somethings were left to be explained... such as the things I was explaining to dicky and kristin on the way down to the car - the things I explained in the previous post. But if it's detail you're looking for, read the book (which I think everyone should do). It still amazes me that rowling created this entire magical world from scratch. A form of literary genius... and she did it without the aid of any hallucinagenic substances.

But I give the movie 2 thumbs up, and recommend it to all, even if you havent read the books - actually moreso if you havent read the books. Although a trip to the video store to check out the first 2 wouldnt hurt. It familiarizes you with the characters and the world. And you dont have to be a dork, like me, to appreciate the story. After all, i went to go see lord of the rings and enjoyed it. Well anyway, back to the goonies.

Mischief managed

Nox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home