Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A moment of silence please

I would like to take this opportunity to say my final goodbye to my 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S, who suffered a fatal wound last tuesday and will no longer be able to transport me anymore. We had some good times girl. You were there for me when I needed you, at least most of the time. When I pressed down your pedal for an extra little boost, you delivered. And although your spunk faded with age, your spirit didnt.

We shared many good times... from our first trip together down to school my sophmore year of college, to our most recent venture to boston, you were like a red beam of light, shooting down the highway of life. So much happened within your walls. You were witness to many good days and bad days, to sing alongs, to fights. We bounced back and forth between md and nj. We drove a lot of people of lot of places, although I think it was mostly to get food. There were our excursions to balitmore. Many trips to laurel for dinner. The symphony of lights. Driving Jim to the airport. Old Navy. Jacking up my door when it wouldnt shut. And of course, the rides anywhere and everywhere around the baltimore/washington area during CNS (and the parking tickets to speak for it) And the list goes on. Suspira

I'm sorry, too... I'm sorry I smashed you into the back of someones jeep grand cherokee only a few months into our relationship. I was careless, but you gained you characteristic white front end, which was only recently painted. Ah, the irony.

We went from 68,000 to 140,000 miles together, and what a trip it's been. I love you cutlass. You were a big part of my young adult life, and although I'll have to get a "new" car, you'll never be replaced. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home