Tuesday, August 24, 2004

On the road again

So this weekend, I packed up the olds and headed up to the boston area to celebrate the wedding of my friend kate from college. I know most people, especially single like myself, despise weddings, but I love them. Yes, I love getting sloppy and eating at the reception, but I love the ceremony too. Something about 2 people committing themselves to each other in front of a bunch of people that I just enjoy. Maybe watching two people not knowing what they're getting into. Funny ;-) So yeah, I woke around 7 on saturday and drove the 4 hours up to the area, swung by my cheap hotel room to change, and then headed to the wedding. There I ran into some old friends, both from college and actually 1 from high school... turns out one of my friends from high school is close friends with the groom and was an usher. Small world. Kate looked great in her gown. I think all brides look great on their wedding day. It just comes with he territory. At the wedding, I also saw katie calautti (which must be said with the full name) and erin (with their plus 1's of course) Somehow they all were able to bring plus ones except me. Which was good in a way, so I didnt have to figure out which one of my token "plus 1's" I was going to have to call where there was no threat of relationship and then having to spend the entire day explaining how they're just a friend and not a significant other at risk of making said "plus 1" uncomfortable, seeing as most of my "plus 1's" have a significant other of their own. Um, yeah. But it would have been nice to share my cheap hotel room with someone, even if there was no sex going on. Although it was a nice king-sized bed, and springy :-)

But anyway, the reception was beautiful, despite the fact that it rained. The reception was outside, but it was under a tent, so no worries, other than a spray now and then. The restaurant was right on the bay though, and once the rain passed, it gave way to a beautiful sunset, and as someone who appreciates the beauties of nature, it was amazing. And eventually, after our table was admiring the sunset, everyone else caught on, so they were all taking pictures on the deck. But anyway, the day was fun, I cant complain, and well worth the trip.

The following day I awoke in my empty hotel room, which was at a temperture of about 14F. Of course, this was after my surprise wake up call at 2 am from the fire alarm going off. Nothing like being ripped from your sleep by a unrelenting, high-pitched, piercing tone. But once the alarm stopped, I wiped the blood from my ears and went back to sleep. So yeah, the following day I eventually met up with katie calautti and her friend from a day on the city of boston. Of course, this was after getting lost. But hell, it gave me a chance to admire the many areas of the city. And let me tell you, I heart Boston! I would move there if an opportunity presented itself. It reminds me of Baltimore, only a little bigger and somewhat cleaner. I love cities by water, where the water doesnt smell like sewage that is. So we spent a lovely day in boston, first hitting up the museum of fine arts for a little artistic culture. I was a little disappointed with their collection, especially compared to the met or the national gallery, but decent. Then it was off to the museum of science. They had this wicked lord of the rings exhibit. We all know I tend to favor harry potter, and was never a hardcore fan of lotr, but I do enjoy the movies. And as a fan of the cinema, this exhibit was great. They had all sorts of genuine costumes and props from the movie. And yes, they even had the ring. Very cool exhibit, i do recommend checking it out. However, beware of the lord of the rings fans... who I liken to trekkies, costumes. Although I think it's funny how there was a disclaimer of "no swords of spears allowed in the exhibit" Hmm... And I saw a lot of people with red sox jerseys on. A definite draw back to the city. I almost yelled out Go Yanks, but wasnt prepared to accept the repercussions, since red sox fans would most likely feel the need to retaliate, since they cant win a baseball game, they settle their aggressions off the field. But yes, all in all a fun day, and an enjoyable experience for my first trip to boston. I definitely would like to go back in the near future.

By the way, the city of new haven can lick my left and right testicle. Only place I hit hardcore traffic on the way home. And it was late on a sunday night too. I loathe traffic. It can go to hell. It can go to hell and die!

And I looked everywhere for harvard yard, but alas, I couldnt find it to park my car there.

Oh, and this morning Christina Milian stopped by for a visit. She was very pretty in person (not in pink) and seemed sweet in the conversation that we had. Although it was early and I was tired, so I couldnt really tell. But yeah, that's all I have to say about that.

Red Sox SUCK!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home