Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Dancing through the netherlands

So i had this really bizarre dream the other night. Bizarre and vivid enough to remember, something that doesn't happen often. So, here's the basic plot of the dream, as it is a dream, and kind of hard to lay out logically... So I was at work, in one of the studios, and the boss comes in to the studio, and tells me that he's firing me for one day. I remember it was a thursday, so I was fired for friday. I remember being shocked and demanding a reason why. His reason was that I'm not going anywhere in this place, and that I've grown all I can here and it's time to move on, coincidentally the exact reason for which I know someone else was fired. So still being shocked, I remember storming into his office and demanding the real reason for being fired. Apparently, he had received word that I was a spy/leak to another radio station in the market, the mix station (PLJ for you new yorkers), and that I was compromising important station information, Of course, I assured him this wasn't true, even though I do in fact listen to PLJ, but that's besides the point. So I was still fired, although things were settled, and I wasnt to come in the next day. Interestingly enough, the rest of the dream unfolded into where I actually was a spy for PLJ, having secret meetings and handing off stuff to them. I'm not exactly sure where that came from, but then again it is a dream.

The part that really got me though was that part about not going anywhere in my current job and the need to move on. Unfortunately, and I realize this deep down and on the surface, this is pretty much true. I've actually known this for quite some time now, but am in a deep state of denial. I'm content doing what I'm doing, and I like this place, but I know I cant go on doing this forever. It's a fun job but by no means is a long-term, stable thing. So maybe this dream was a way for myself to tell me that I AM ready to move on, and that I should heed my own advice.

On a side note, as the superbowl was this sunday, and congrats to the new england patriots. I guess they scored the most baskets on the track thingy. And sorry to the eagles fans. Hey, at least you made it that far. I lost the superbowl pool. And of course, as the rules of life go, the people who don't need the money, win. But hey, that's gambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home