Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tuesday Night Movie Night

I want to share with you a phenomenon that has taken place for quite a while, something I don't believe I truly ever spoke of... It's something I have affectionately termed Tuesday Night Movie Night. It has become somewhat of a tradition, for at least a year now, at least I think it's been that long. It started in the days of katy working at the movie theater. It so happened where Dana, Katy and myself happen to have tuesday nights free, working into my schedule where I could get home early enough from work and both of them being off that day. In the early days, I believe it was just grab some dinner, usually Friday's or Magic Grill, and then go see a movie for free. It was the whole beauty of the event. That and spending time with my 2 best friends. So eventually it evolved into a little something more. Dana, and meaning this in the most endearing way possible, being the lush that she is, convinced us to return to friday's to have a drink. Although, with dana, it never seems to end up being just A drink. Somehow, it's always just one more shot, just one more shot, and we know what a sucker for alcohol I am. Luckily, I dont take it too far. And the beauty of being a regular at a bar, a bar fly if you will, is getting to know your bartender... not getting carded every time, trying new, exciting, and sometimes dangerous new things, and your bar bill getting smaller and smaller, although somehow the amount shelled out stayed the same. I guess it only seemed fitting. But nothing like having 6 shots and 4 beers (that's total) and having a $3 tab.

So eventually, Katy returned to school, but Dana and I decided to keep the tradition alive. Unfortunately, with that went the free movies, but we enjoyed it just the same. However, due to the lax staff of Loews, we've worked out a plan that only involves one movie ticket. Pretty crafty, but hell, movies are too expensive in my mind, so I'm paying for what they deserve. So pretty much Dana and I have our own little date night, and I've been deemed her other boyfriend, interestingly enough by her boyfriend. Sadly, tuesday has become the one night of the week that I actually look forward to. Hmm

So it may vary slightly from week to week... changes of venue here and there, but the tradition remains alive. A new movie every week, surrounded by some sort of food and drunk. Last week it was Ocean's 12... not bad, kinda funny, good DVD movie though. Tonight it's Christmas with the Kranks in attempts to keep with the holiday spirit. It has mixed reviews, but everyone hated the Village and Dana and I loved it. It's all subjective.

So yeah, that's Tuesday night movie night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home