Thursday, June 24, 2004

My So-Called Life

There's something about my life. It's just automatically true that nothing actually happens.

I dont know what it is... Since I tend to overanalyze things, I also have a tendency to overplan things. I can go over something again and again in my head about how I want it to play out. I run through the scenario so much until I feel as if it's actually happened. However, when the time comes to execute, it's not even remotely close to how I had figured it in my head. Why is that? You'd think I'd be overprepared for the situation, having acted it out already. Or perhaps because I've thought about it so much, it's almost doomed to fail. I have one set way, which by the way is always beneficial and works to my liking, and if anything doesnt go according to plan, if anything waivers slightly, strays even the smallest bit from the path, I dont know what to do next. Therefore, creating a downward spiral of doom.

On a side note, I was watching a tivoed episode of My So-Called Life late last night after work. i've gotten into the habit of watching that show every week now. It strangely reminds me of my youth. This episode in particular was interesting. It made me think of how many people I let slip by because I always had my sights set a little too high for my own good. I'll use the wallpaper metaphor... let's say you're wallpapering your room, and you've narrowed it down to 2 kinds. One is good, but you don't know if you can stare at it for years. The other you know is perfect, but is way out of your price range. So do you take the one you can afford and settle, or do you wait until the other one is in your price range? In my experience, there no use in waiting... sometimes it's just not worth the wait. It might never go on sale or when it does, you find out you didnt want it to begin with. Wait, am I still talking about wallpaper? Basically, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Cherish what you have, you've probably got the better deal anyway.

I am Krakow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home