Thursday, October 28, 2004

Pumpkin Concerto in A minor

I've recently started listnening to my local classical station, and on rather a regular basis, something a little odd for a 24 year old guy who works at a top 40 radio station. I don't exactly know why.... I used to listen occasionally wednesday nights on the way home from work just to give my ears a break from 2 hours of non stop 90's music, but now it's the first thing I tune to. I think I'm just in a mood... I often find myself getting in musical moods from time to time. perhaps it's the fall... the soothing sounds of the classical music coupled with the vibrant and euphoric fall foliage happen to be the perfect combination. Or maybe it's a product of my new luxury sedan. Driving a boat has made me start acting like an old man, sophisticated with my pants held high. I also love how I can get in my car, drive about a half hour, and still listen to the same piece of music. I actually think it's improved my driving. Give it a try, trust me.

On a side note, last saturday, the fun fall things 2004 were put into effect. Dana, Laura and myself ventured out to do some pumkpin and apple picking... rather disappointing, however, as we found all the apples to be off the tree (and expensively sold in the little on site store) and the pumpkins off the vine, just scattered around the patch. I suppose that's what we get for coming so late in the season. It actually made me long for the days of getting rotten apples pelted at me in the orchard during those days in college when we used to go to larriland farms, but those days are gone. Sigh. But we each found our pumpkin, me finding a decent sugar pumpkin, just enough to carve and stick a tea light in, scoop out and toast the seeds, and give the effect of a celebratory halloween. I love the holiday, I think it should be celebrated like in Harry Potter, with a giant feast, floating jack-o-lanterns optional. But that's me, living in a fictional world meant for children. It's just a way to recapture my youth. I'd totally go trick or treating, but I'm better off with out bag fulls of candy, and the scolding looks from the neighbors. Oh, by the way, as for apple picking, we drove back home and went to the local farmers market... better selection and a hell of a lot cheaper. Sorry, no pics of that ;-)

Dana and Laura and pumpkins

Pumpkins

Now in the spirit of halloween, this weekend is the celebratory getaway at some freaky cabin in the poconos, nothing like going into the middle of the woods with a bunch of friends and freaking yourself out. :-) Can't wait

By the way, and this is the last one, Tuesday's nights movie this week was The Grudge. VERY FREAKY!! Yet another japanese horror flick remake, maintaining the spirit of The Ring (the sequel teasers our out, cant wait). It kinda had some effects similar, this time starring sarah michelle gellar, a step down from naomi watts in my book. But I despite the one star rating, I recommend going to see it. I still keep seeing the images in my head when I close my eyes. It'll be something to satisfy your brains horror appetite, at least until Saw comes out. Oh, and it's apparently a big date movie. When I was sitting in the theater with dana the other night, I glanced around at the theater, abnormally full for a tuesday night, and everyone was a couple, no exaggeration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home