Thursday, November 18, 2004

Oh Boy

this is an audio post - click to play


Meet kristin... unfortunately, a long story, and one I dont feel like getting into. You know my penchant for extremely long posts, and such is the case. Let's see how I can keep this to a minimum. I met kristin about 8 years ago on my first trip to Long Lake. She was friends with katy, whom was my friend. Some would call it fate that we met, others would call it punishment from god. Kristin's not like your average girl, and if she is, I quit. I knew, even back then, there was trouble ahead. Being the overweight child I was, I had a lot of crushes, and kristin was no exception, but in my mind, she was attainable. So I persisted, and stuck it out. Somewhere in the next couple of years, katy fell out of the picture, and kristin and I became friends directly. We would talk on the phone occasionally, her doing most of the talking, and most of the talking being about herself, something she loves to do. Sometimes I would even stay an extra day on vacation to just hang out with her after everyone had left. I know... But I kept getting sucked in. There's just something about her, I'm never able to put my finger on it, there's just something there. It's like the kevorka. She has this power, and as much as I try to get away, I can't. So all throughout college we kept in touch. During her semester in paris (which she'll be more than willing to talk to you about) we kept in touch. And all this after only seeing each other for a couple of days out of the year. Recently, she moved down to the new york area to nanny for a family and then after that she moved to queens to attend grad school. Now I like this girl, or at least liked her. We do things like a couple, whenever we're together, I feel like we're a couple. She always makes references like we're a couple. She even tries to hold my hand. None of my other female friends hold my hand. Yet, she wont enter a relationship. This is the thing that has killed me for several years. We did actually kiss once, but that was only after a pseudo engagement in montreal. It was a mini play we acted out throughout the day. Dont worry, we never got married, we were just idiots. Now, she has a boyfriend, which is a laugh in itself. I think they rarely see each other, yet she still has the boyfriend. So recently I've come to the realization that I'm better off without her and only look to her because it's the closest thing I have to relationship, and the closest thing I've had in a very long time. She's a cock tease, and I dont need that. And no matter how many times I've been told that, I had to come to that realization myself. I can stay her friend, I'm content with that. I'm in my happy place. But these are the kind of things I have to deal with.

Get my off this crazy thing called life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home