Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Here We Go, Rock and Roll

Happy Winter Solstice everyone... and what a way to ring it in, with ASS COLD temperatures. yes, ass cold. Glancing over at the temperature reading, that's a thermometer to you average folk, it's currently 12 and clear. Yikes.

So it's been a while, as it usually ends up being. It's been quite the busy holiday season, and I have yet to begin actually shopping for anyone. I have a fun few days in store for me. Lot's of work going on, which means money in my pocket, but no gffts under my tree. Hopefully, people will actually be in work on thursday, despite the fact that my office is closed, so I can get out and do some shopping. Even though that only screws me being an hourly employee. Anyway, since it has been a while, as I said before, I have a story. It's my jingle ball story

So december 10th was jingle ball, or should I say Z100's Jingle Ball 2004, the much anticipated concert event of the year. Not a bad lineup... a few acts worth seeing, although I dont think I actually got to see them. Let's see, there was Switchfoot, Hilary Duff (complete with prerecorded track), Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani, Vanessa Carlton, Jojo, Ashlee Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, Destiny's Child, and Ryan Cabrera. And who could forget guest host lindsay lohan. :-) I stayed in my seat up to Maroon 5, who I was kind of looking forward to seeing, but that's about it. Everyone else I've either seen or wasn't worth seeing. But I like Maroon 5... songs about jane is a great album. Anyway, so I spent the rest of the evening in the green room, one of the perks of working for z100, although as a part timer, only granted 1 pass. A bit unfair to my guest, but pays to know the right people. Love ya carly E! But yeah, free food and drink, alcoholic drink, very dangerous. I wore my casual blazer and a button down shirt, jeans and sneakers. Received many compliments as a matter of fact, on the clothes and the weight. Made me feel good, always nice to feel good. My guest enjoyed the concert, being a former z100 employee who was fired ;-) It was a bit awkward at times, but he was joined by another fired employee and his current boss, so it all worked out. So after returning to see the tail end of Destiny's child, we made our way down to the after party. Also more free drink, alcoholic drink. You can see where this is going. So my guest, his boss, and my boss stayed for about 10 minutes and left, leaving me to enjoy the afterparty admist my coworkers. Now everything from this point on gets a little fuzzy. I can tell you what I drank... vodka tonics, I think about 6 of them, of course, this was on top of the 4 beers I had in the green room. I think I left enough time between, although I was starting to feel it back then. What is it, liquor before beer, you're in the clear, beer before liquor, never sicker? Or is it the other way around? Well, I think I proved my way. Now I don't remember much about the night... oh, and I think there was a shot of tequila thrown in there somewhere, I'm a sucker, what can I say. Apparently, I danced, and well. I was in a picture with coworkers. I remember seeing the boss, and his wife, really drunk, which is a fun sight. Umm... ok, so most of the night is fuzzy, but the end of the night is crystal clear... At some point, my body said, "christian, you've really had enough" and I listened. So I switched to water, and downed it in a sad, but valiant attempt to sober up. Unfortunately, which my body never told me, I passed the point of no return. Don't worry, we had a long talk about this. So I sat on one of the couches there, and could move. There came a point where I said to myself, it's time to go. Remember seeing a couple of coworkers, the few that were left, on the way out, but didnt bother talking and just kept going. I made the 5 block trek to the path station, to start making my way back to the radio station. I knew I would be staying here anyway for 2 reasons... couldnt drive if I wanted to, and my car was at the park and ride station, of which the trains had stopped running hours ago. So I made it the 5 blocks, which in my mind seemed like 20, and managed to find my path card and propped myself up agains the wall waiting for the train. At this time of night, they run about every half hour, which once again, with a poor concept of space and time, can seem like an enternity. So the train comes, going uptown (eventually making it's way back downtown since 1 train runs that late) so I got on to sit. I got on at 14th street... it went up to 33rd and was on the way back. At 9th street, I got the call. It was my body about to tell me that I'm an idiot. Yes, I felt sick. So I exited the train hoping to be able to make it to a trash can... I made it as far as the opposite side of the track. SO yeah, I left the 9th street path station a nice gift, from me to you during this holiday season. That was definitely pleasant. Thank god the station was empty! So now, of course, having exited the train, I had to wait yet another half hour for the train. So I made it back to JC in one piece and stumbled to the station. I left another gift, this time in its proper receptacle, the toilet, and then proceeded to pass out on the couch in someone's office, someone pretty important as a matter of fact. I felt so rock and roll. I eventually woke up, I think it was light out, and as to not get caught, even though it was a saturday, I went to my office and passed out on the floor for a few more hours. I eventually went to get my car, went home, left another present at home, and then had the nastiest hangover for the rest of the day. So yeah, that's Z100's Jingle Ball 2004, a pretty good lineup if you ask me. Can't wait for Zootopia!

I've only gotten sick now twice in my life from alcohol. I've come to the conclusion that since it happens so infrequently, when it does, it has to be quite an ordeal.

So Christmas is fastly approaching, so all my christian friends, Happy Christmas! I love this time of year. It's so festive and joyous. I love the lights, the christmas music on the radio, it brings a smile to my face, despite the fact that my house makes me feel like I'm jewish. At least the tree is up, I have that much.

Ok, I'm spent, besides gotta get back to work. Yeah, back to work at 3 am. Anyway, more to come.

Okely Dokely Do

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home